Gladstone P S has a positive and respectful relationship with our community. Our survey feedback is extremely positive and parents have regular contact with all staff. We have a very productive P&C who are actively involved in our planning and regularly provide feedback. We have also have on average half of our parents attending weekly assemblies.
Our wider school community has grown significantly over the past three years and we established the Lower Macleay Educational Network. Our network includes our feeder pre-school The Lower Macleay Pre-school, Smithtown Public School and Kinchela Public School. We have developed many positive outcomes from the establishment of this group that included:
- A combined Fete in 2015/2016
- Extended transition for Year 6 students in collaboration with Smithtown Public School
- Combined major excursions to Canberra and Bathurst
- Extended orientation for pre-school students to Gladstone Public School.
- Combined events; most recently Book Week, School Disco and Sporting Gala Days.
The establishment of our Stay and Play – Playgroup that is supported by a facilitator and is held each Thursday.
Students at our school develop strong partnerships with staff and the wider community. Our links with Pre-school and work around the Early Years Framework establishes strong foundations for our students to thrive. Relationships with parents are established early and continue to develop as students move through school. They are connected to their world and have a strong sense of identity.